To meet the needs of the diverse learners in the class, a teacher at Ascension of Our Lord School in Calgary provides her students with choice.
- There are a variety of ways that students can demonstrate a learner outcome.
- Providing students with choice is one way to meet individual learning needs.
- Student confidence and engagement can be enhanced when students are provided with choice.
- When might it be inappropriate to offer students choice in how they demonstrate their learning?
- Consider where you might embed choice in an upcoming student assignment.