A secondary teacher at Hilltop High School in Whitecourt describes how she organizes her classroom in order to obtain feedback that informs her practice.
- Students gain confidence when they receive feedback through individual and small group conversations.
- The teacher uses information gained through these conversations to address mis-conceptions and/or to extend student learning.
- Gaps in understanding that are common to many students can be immediately addressed with the whole class.
- In an upcoming lesson, where might a feedback opportunity be included, with the goal of informing instructional practice?
- What details might be addressed during the planning phase to ensure the feedback provides helpful information?