New for Winter 2021
AAC Virtual Sessions - Open to all educators!
AAC understands that teachers need professional learning opportunities that are:
- based on the emerging issues facing teachers in the current Alberta context,
- accessible at a time when teachers are ready for learning, and
- affordable, hassle-free, and of the highest quality.
AAC is offering open sessions designed to support busy teachers as they navigate teaching and assessing during this pandemic. Most sessions allow for asynchronous learning. For a period of 2 weeks after the session date, registrants will be able to access materials such as –
- session recordings,
- presentations, and
- handout materials.
New sessions will be posted as soon as they are designed. If you know of a topic that would immediately meet your teaching needs in the assessment area, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Available sessions are listed below in order of their start dates.
Keep in mind our AAC member jurisdictions have funded these open sessions; therefore, there is a slight difference in pricing for members and non-members. Want to know if your school authority is a member? Check out the membership list here.
Effective Classroom Assessment - Cohort Series (March 2021)
As this is a ‘collaborative’ learning experience, this series is not offered with an asynchronous learning option.
This 4-part cohort series is an in-depth learning experience for leaders and teachers.
Leader Cohort March 2, 3, 9 & 10 (9:00am – noon each day)
Enhance your assessment leadership capacity by exploring key topics and issues in conversation with other leaders.
- Session 1: Assessment Leadership
- Session 2: Guiding the Assessment Process: Planning with the End in Mind
- Session 3: Formative Assessment: Foundational Understandings
- Session 4: Summative Assessment: Pulling it all together
Teacher Cohort March 2, 3, 9 & 10 (4:00pm – 7:00pm each day)
Explore key assessment topics through engaging activities and deep conversations with colleagues.
- Session 1: Making Intentional Choices for Assessment and Instruction
- Session 2: Honouring the Learners and the Iterative Cycle of Learning and Feedback
- Session 3:Formative Assessment to Inform Instructional Decisions
- Session 4:Summative Assessment: Putting It All Together
Location: AAC Zoom Room
Registration fee: $100 AAC Members; $150 Non-Members
For 12 hours of professional learning!
AAC & CAfLN Virtual Conference Series
The first two dates date of this conference were a huge success!
Did you miss out? No worries, each conference date is a “stand alone event”. In other words, you don’t need to have attended the fall or winter conference.
By registering for the Spring Conference on May 8, 2021, you will receive access to the recordings and session materials from the previous 2 conference dates.
We hope you can fit this asynchronous learning opportunity into your busy schedule!