Yes We Can!
AAC is available to provide custom professional learning, either in-person or through virtual meetings.
Costs are increasing everywhere, and because we all know the benefit of ongoing embedded professional learning, AAC is offering a graduated fee structure to help make ongoing professional learning more affordable for our members.
Please note that you must be an AAC member at the time of the workshop to qualify for AAC member rates. If you have questions about our rates please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book soon! Prime PD dates are already being confirmed on our calendar!
Professional Learning Rates for AAC Members
Please contact AAC for additional pricing options for virtual learning.
Professional Learning Rates for Non-Members
PLEASE NOTE: Any in-person professional learning must comply with provincial health regulations in place at the time of the session. The contracting jurisdiction/organization will be required to ensure that appropriate COVID safety measures will be in place.
Current AAC Professional Learning Session Topics
NOTE: These topics can be modified and/or combined to meet your professional learning needs. However, please keep in mind the more topics you choose, the more time will be needed to maintain a quality learning experience.
General Assessment Topics
- Assessing Conceptual Understanding
- Navigating the New Alberta Curriculum: Exploring Components and Assessing Learning Outcomes
- Bridging the Gap: The 6-Step Process for Aligning Assessment with New K-6 Curriculum
- Driving Concept Assessments: Designing Effective Assessments for the New Math Curriculum
- Exploring Literacy Lenses: Crafting Assessments for the Driving Concepts in the New ELA Curriculum
- Unpacking TQS Competency: Navigating Classroom Assessment with Colleagues
- AAC's Vision for Effective Classroom Assessment
- The Purpose of Diagnostic, Formative and Summative Assessment
- Assessment 101: An Overview of the Foundations
- The 25% Rule for Classroom Assessment
Planning with The End in Mind Topics
- Outcome-Based Reporting - Making the Shift
- Building Better Rubrics: New Content!
- Articulating Criteria: Steps for Success: New Curriculum Examples!
- Unlocking Student Potential: Maximizing Assessment for Learning and Evaluation of Mastery
- Creating a Balanced Assessment Plan
- Evidence of Learning and Triangulating the Data
- An Introduction to Blueprinting Assessments
- The Connection Between Performance Verbs and Assessment Methods
- Differentiation and Assessment - Getting to Know Your Learners
- Assessment Differentiation According to Product, Process and Content
Formative and Summative Assessment Topics
Topics for Assessment Leaders and Decision Makers
- An "Assessment Refresher" For Leaders
- Three models for Managing Complex Change in Assessment Practice
- The Essential Conditions for Leading Assessment Change
- System and School Leader Strategies for Supporting the Communication of Student Achievement between Educators and Parents
- Be Brave! Create an Assessment Policy for your Organization that Follows Principles of Fair Student Assessment Practice
- Where to Start When Re-Designing Report Cards
- Standards Based Grading: A Vision for Moving Away from Tests, Assignments and Projects