Yes We Can!
AAC is available to provide custom professional learning, either in-person or through virtual meetings.
Costs are increasing everywhere, and because we all know the benefit of ongoing embedded professional learning, AAC is offering a graduated fee structure to help make ongoing professional learning more affordable for our members.
Please note that you must be an AAC member at the time of the workshop to qualify for AAC member rates. If you have questions about our rates please email email@example.com.
Book soon! Prime PD dates are already being confirmed on our calendar!
Professional Learning Rates for AAC Members
$ 1100 Per Full Day
$ 500 Per Half-Day
$ 850 Per Day
$ 500 Per Half-Day
Please contact AAC for additional pricing options for virtual learning.
Professional Learning Rates for Non-Members
$ 1200 Per Day
$ 600 Per Half Day
PLEASE NOTE: Any in-person professional learning must comply with provincial health regulations in place at the time of the session. The contracting jurisdiction/organization will be required to ensure that appropriate COVID safety measures will be in place.
Booking in-person professional learning outside of Alberta? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our travel rates.
Current AAC Professional Learning Session Topics
NOTE: These topics can be modified and/or combined to meet your professional learning needs. However, please keep in mind the more topics you choose, the more time will be needed to maintain a quality learning experience.
General Assessment Topics
- Assessing Conceptual Understanding
- New Curriculum Components and Assessment
- The 6-Step Process for Aligning Assessment with New Curriculum
- Assessment in Math or Assessment in ELAL
- Assessment and the TQS
- AAC's Vision for Effective Classroom Assessment
- The Purpose of Diagnostic, Formative and Summative Assessment
- Assessment 101: An Overview of the Foundations
- The Language of Assessment: Workshop
- The 25% Rule for Classroom Assessment
Planning with The End in Mind Topics
- Outcomes and Setting Performance Standards
- Building Better Rubrics: New Content!
- Creating Credible Criteria: New Curriculum Examples!
- Assessment FOR Learning and OF What was Learned
- Creating a Balanced Assessment Plan
- Evidence of Learning and Triangulating the Data
- An Introduction to Blueprinting Assessments
- The Connection Between Performance Verbs and Assessment Methods
- Differentiation and Assessment - Getting to Know Your Learners
- Differentiation According to Product, Process and Content
Formative and Summative Assessment Topics
Topics for Assessment Leaders and Decision Makers
- An "Assessment Refresher" For Leaders
- Three models for Managing Complex Change in Assessment Practice
- The Essential Conditions for Leading Assessment Change
- System and School Leader Strategies for Supporting the Communication of Student Achievement between Educators and Parents
- Be Brave! Create an Assessment Policy for your Organization that Follows Principles of Fair Student Assessment Practice
- Where to Start When Re-Designing Report Cards
- Standards Based Grading: A Vision for Moving Away from Tests, Assignments and Projects